Vacancy: Manufacturing Quality Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Quality Team at Solid State Supplies. The Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be embedded within the manufacturing side of the business, working with the Distribution Quality Engineer to develop an overall QMS for the entire Company and amalgamate the ISO9001 accreditation under one Scope as well as the implementation of additional standards as required by the business.
- Salary £50-£55K
- Company car allowance
- Contributary pension
- Company Wellness Programmes
- 25 days Holiday
- Company Bonus Scheme and All Employee Share Plan (subject to eligibility criteria and 1 year’s service)
The successful candidate will have experience of multi-site management and of quality management in a manufacturing environment in order to drive continuous improvement and develop a culture of total quality and accountability across the Company. In addition, proven experience in leading technical level investigations for corrective action reports, work instruction approval and auditing is essential. Demonstrated experience of implementing new quality systems will be required and prior experience of ISO13485 and experience in developing and maintaining FMEA’s and Control Plans and PPAP will be an advantage.
- HNC or higher qualification in a Quality Engineering/ Engineering discipline or equivalent learning
- Experience of ISO9001, its requirements and developing the systems and documents to ensure continuing certification
- Internal auditor trained
- Demonstrated experience of implementing new quality systems.
- Literate with Office 365 applications and quality software systems
- Excellent understanding of universally recognised Tools of Quality, and proven experience of using them to drive continuous improvement to develop a Culture of Quality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a good eye for detail
- Experience of reviewing customer contracts and flow-down documents, to identify business risk and ensure compliance
- Experienced in creating, analysing and presenting outputs from Quality Analysis and reporting on their findings
- Experienced in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications
- Full clean drivers licence plus right to work in the UK
If you'd like to apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to Lisa.Bilton@sssltd.com or