Vacancy: Business Solutions/Data Analyst
Solid State’s Component business operates in the various electronic industries in the UK, Europe and USA. The company comprises value added distribution of electronic components alongside component manufacturing and is part of the AIM listed Solid State PLC group.
This is a busy period for the business with various acquisitions having just completed and more planned. The business now needs to consolidate its IT and ERP systems ready for the next wave of acquisitions.
The Business Solutions Analyst reports to the head of IT and is very much a hands-on role.
The Business Solutions Analyst will assist in maintaining and supporting all current applications as well as implementation of new systems.
Salary: 38,000 to £45,000 depending on experience + car allowance
Additional benefits (subject to various conditions) include:
- Supplementary health package
- All employee share scheme
- Ad hoc bonus scheme
- Death in service insurance
- Company pension contributions
The role offers an interesting blend of supporting the new ERP (Business Central) and existing ERP system (ePDS) across a manufacturing and distribution business, as well as having a key role in a pipeline of IT projects for the business. The role requires someone to have a technical background, good Excel skills and some SQL experience (writing queries for data manipulation), as well as being confident supporting an ERP system. Experience with Business Central would be beneficial but not essential to securing the role. What is essential is an outgoing friendly individual, who is prepared to get the work done, happy to work alone and as part of a team and with an appetite to continue learning new skills and technologies across the IT and systems infrastructure. A working knowledge of how ERP systems interface to the accounting function would be advantageous.
The Business Solutions Analyst will be required to build relationships with and interface to third party IT support providers.
On a daily basis you will:
- Assist with problem solving across the company's ERP and software systems
- Write, test and publish business reports using Power BI, Jet Reports Crystal Reports and Excel
- Assist with installation and implementation projects in the UK and Europe.
- Document and maintain the inventory of software & licenses
- Become the go to person for ERP support in the business
- Provide training and process analysis across the systems
- Support other users in the business
- Ensure the security and integrity of all IT systems and data
- Facilitate the implementation and support of Business Central and other Applications for the various sites
- Interpret, validate business process requirements; perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements; identify gaps and provide appropriate solutions; design, customise, configure and test the solutions in various areas with integrations with other BC modules and legacy systems
- Provide training to users from various departments to ensure their understanding of the systems/processes/functions that they are required to use
- Help to develop and implement “best practices” to ensure the most “optimum” process/operation cross divisions/plants
- Review submitted requests for changes; evaluate what if any impact it may have to other customer programs, processes, departments or divisions; provide functional/technical documents for customisation/development and user manual; complete deployment with testing and user training.
- Provide support for other legacy systems and processes
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by Head of IT.
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of database design & queries
- An individual performer who possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A good team player with excellent communication and organisational skills
- BI report writing skills, Jet Reports skills, Crystal reports skills, SQL skills, expert Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Relevant Business Central (Microsoft Dynamics) Functional experience.
- Experience in full cycle implementation as well as in production support projects
- Experience within a manufacturing environment in a technology sector such as electronics, medical, aerospace or automotive is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft CRM an advantage
Some international travel may be required to support the business at its USA locations. This is a varied, hands-on role in a high growth business with conflicting demands. The successful candidate will need to prioritise and be capable of multi-tasking whilst meeting demanding deadlines.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com.