A technical jump-start with the new ConnectCore 6UL using Linux Yocto to develop sensor and communications processing system.
Wednesday 10th April 2019
@ Solid State Supplies HQ, Ravensbank Business Park, Hedera Road, Redditch, B98 9EY
This event gives participants a technical jump-start with the new ConnectCore 6UL using Linux Yocto to develop sensor and communications processing systems. This whole day, hands-on, workshop will include an introduction to the latest device features and provides a guide to setting up the tools for Yocto Linux development, system security and examples of how to connect to different sensors and I/O devices with the development boards. Particiapnts will leave with a working knowledge and resources to start their own application development based on the ConnectCore 6 System-On module platforms.
The workshop is free-of-charge, and attendees will be provided with refreshments and lunch during the course of the day. Attendees will also be offered a special promotional on the Connect Core 6 and 6UL development kits used at the workshop.
Free WiFi access, stationery and training material will be provided.
Development kits and development PCs preloaded with the development tools will also be provided. Participants may be requested to pair up and share a kit and PC for the training.
Please note: may be subject to change
09:00 Coffee, registration and welcome
Digi Embedded Hardware
Digi Embedded product overview:
- Digi embedded hardware and software overview
- Digi ConnectCore for I.MX6UL module technical details
- Digi ConnectCore Dev Kits / Documentation
- Embedded Key Applications
Digi Embedded Yocto Part 1
Digi Embedded Yocto
- Overview, System Architecture, Features, Benefits
- Development Environment Setup & First Steps
Digi Embedded Yocto Part 2
Digi Embedded Yocto
- U-Boot Bootloader Introduction
- Application Development Introduction
- Utilising ConnectCore 6UL hardware interfaces
- – Sensor interfaces
- OS Customisation
- – Custom OS Project setup
- – Device Tree Introduction
- – Kernel Confirmation
- Digi Trustfence Security Framework Overview