The demand for IoT devices that does not require battery replacement or plug-in recharging is increasing; battery replacement or plug-in recharging simply costs time and money. The solution ‘Energy Harvesting’ is becoming more popular – this is the recharging of IoT devices wirelessly by its surrounding ambient sources.
The main benefits of Energy Harvesting include:
- Reducing battery replacement cost
- Reducing the storage element size
- Allowing additional features
Energy Harvesting is setting new standards for the industry as the number of companies shifting their devices to this breakthrough technology is growing. E-peas’ Ambient Energy Managers (AEM family) are suitable for Industrial, Smart Argriculture, e-Health, Security, Society and Wearables, Home Automation, Retail, and Mobility Applications.
e-peas has teamed up with SODAQ for a webinar to show potential customers how Photovoltaic Energy Harvesting can be implemented in Animal Tracking Tag Cases in Smart Agriculture.
What will the webinar cover?
- Principle of evaluating the energy balance before design implementation
- SODAQ’s approach to achieving low-power consumption on IoT edge devices and how these concepts came into play in developing the “mOOvement” Cattle Tracker. SODAQ’s low-power philosophy synergized with the e-peas AEM10941 lead to a fully autonomous cattle tracking solution that delivers real-time location data to free-range cattle farmers.
The webinar was held on Thursday 26th November 2020 at 10:00 GMT/11:00 CET.