Pulse's latest series of low-loss, flat coil surface mount planar transformers deliver high efficiency power to applications with tight height constraints.
The PH08xx Planar-Transformer series are pin compatible with Pulse’s legacy PA08xx series, but with much lower direct current resistance (DCR).
Using a copper fill factor that is twice that of a PCB wound transformer means that the DCR of the primary winding is reduced by 50% and the power rating is increased by 20%.Replacing the traditional multilayer PCB winding with a flat coil winding also reduces the price by approximately 20%.
Planar magnetics have been primarily implemented as a high power (>100W) low profile (< 12.5mm) solution for medium to low voltage conversions, such as the intermediate bus converter in a distributed power architecture.
They are available in tape-and-reel packaging.
- Gen 2 Planar: Flat Coil Winding
- Platforms: 2 sizes, 23x22mm to 29x27mm
- Height: < 11.9mm profile
- 20% price reduction compared to PCB
- 50% lower DCR Power Rating - up to 300W
- SMD, 1500Vdc Isolation
- Custom design capability up to 1KW/4KV
- RoHS compliant & meet standard EIA481 requirements