LoRa Applications Page >>
The RN2483 is a fully-certified 868 MHz module based on wireless LoRa® technology. The RN2483 utilizes a unique spread spectrum modulation within the Sub-GHz band to enable long range, low power, and high network capacity.
The module's embedded LoRaWAN protocol enables seamless connectivity to any LoRaWAN compliant network infrastructure, whether public or privately deployed. The module is specifically designed for ease of use, which shortens development time and speeds time to market. LoRa technology is ideal for battery-operated sensors and low power applications such as IoT, M2M, Smart City, Sensor networks, Industrial automation, and more.
The RN2483 is the first LoRa module to pass LoRa Alliance Certification testing. It is certified to the LoRaWAN 1.0.1 specification, ensuring that designers can quickly and easily integrate their end devices into any LoRaWAN network.
RN2483A-I/RM104 - LoRaWAN Specification 1.0.1, Ideal for Class A applications, Regulatory and LoRaWAN certified
RN2483A-I/RM105 - LoRaWAN specification 1.0.2, Supports both Class A and Class C, Regulatory certified
Microchip's complimentary and confidential Wireless Check online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
- On-board LoRaWAN protocol stack
- ASCII command interface over UART
- Compact form factor 17.8 x 26.7 x 3 mm
- Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) over UART
- 14 GPIO for control, status, and ADC
- Highly integrated module with MCU, crystal, EUI-64 Node Identity Serial EEPROM, Radio transceiver with analog front end, and matching circuitry
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
- European R&TTE Directive Assessed Radio Module