The DE70322T is a complete AIS Class B (IEC 62287-1) technology demonstrator/design reference package that will enable manufacturers to quickly deploy an AIS Class B transceiver in to the market. This flexible platform provides a new low cost route to developing an AIS class B transceiver, taking it through approval and getting to market in a fast and trouble-free manner.
The DE70322T implements a dual channel receiver / single transmitter on 161.975MHz (AIS channel 1) and 162.025MHz (AIS channel 2) with 25kHz channel spacing and 9600bps over-air data rate. The receivers are programmable across the entire marine band (156.000 to 162.050 MHz) while the transmitter is optimised for use in the upper marine band (160.000 to 162.050 MHz).
The design is a flexible platform based around the CMX7032 Marine AIS baseband and protocol processor. Two Function Images. are available :
– 7032/7042FI-1.x providing full AIS Class B operation
– 7032/7042FI-3.x providing full marine AIS Class B operation with the addition of ExactTrax. operation
The on-board ARM microcontroller (STM32F411VET6) allows a USB-connected host to directly control the CMX7032 using the CML script processing language or to run an in-built Rx-only application.
A JTAG header is also provided so that designers can implement their own code and/or implement a complete Class-B CSTDMA protocol stack.
There is sufficient memory and processing capability to implement a Class-B SOTDMA (IEC 62287-2) protocol stack, however the RF output of the pcb is limited to 2W.
– AIS Class B transceiver
– Technology demonstrator
– Designed to meet IEC62287-1
– On-board ARM host microcontroller
– 2W Tx output power
– On-board GNSS receiver
– Market leading performance
– Dual UART interface
– Dual, independent GMSK receiver channels
– USB interface
– AIS stack support path
– AIS Class B transceiver SOTDMA/CSTDMA
– Dual AIS receiver operation
– Small compact design
– Fast path to AIS Class B transceiver
– Designed to be certification ready
– Embedded programmable ARM controller for application code
– Reference design files available
– Low cost solution