DIGI XBEE CELLULAR 3G
Digi XBee smart modems offer the easiest way to integrate cellular connectivity into an OEM device or IoT gateway.
Digi XBee Cellular smart modems were specifically designed to accelerate time to market for OEMs or solution providers adding cellular technology to their products. The modems are end-device certified, so there is no need to go through the costly and lengthy FCC or carrier end-device certifications. The software integration is simplified by using Digi’s straightforward and flexible API.
Digi XBee Cellular 3G devices support 3G standards (HSPA/ GSM) with fall back to 2G to maximize coverage globally. It is ideally suited for OEMs looking to have global cellular coverage on their products while minimizing the number of wireless standards supported.
With the suite of standard XBee API frames and AT commands, existing Digi XBee customers can seamlessly transition to this new modem with only minor software adjustments. When OEMs add the Digi XBee Cellular to their design, they create a future-proof design with flexibility to switch between wireless protocols or frequencies as needed, ideal for any business with an agile roadmap.
Like all Digi products, customers can manage all of their wireless devices with Digi Remote Manager®. The XBee Cellular can also be bundled with a cellular data plan and SIM, eliminating the hassle of securing and managing carrier data plans.
– FCC/IC, PTCRB, and AT&T certified -eliminates certification costs and risks
– Integrated MicroPython programmability enables custom scripting directly on the modem
– 90 days of free cellular service with development kits
– Low-power modes for battery powered applications
– Enhanced with Digi TrustFence® security framework
– Manage and configure with XCTU and Digi Remote Manager®
– Transparent and API modes simplify software integration