ESP8266EX is among the most integrated Wi-Fi chips in the industry.
Measuring just 5mm x 5mm, ESP8266EX requires minimal external circuitry and integrates a 32-bit Tensilica MCU, standard digital peripheral interfaces, antenna switches, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters and power management modules – all in one small package.
ESP8266EX integrates Tensilica L106 32-bit micro controller (MCU) which features extra low power consumption and 16-bit RSIC, reaching a maximum clock speed of 160 MHz.
With the Real Time Operation System (RTOS) enabled and Wi-Fi stack functional, about 80% of the processing power is still available for user application programming and development.
– 32-bit Tensilica L106 Diamond MCU
– Integrates antenna switches, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters and power management modules.
– Fast switch between sleep and wake-up mode
– Adaptive radio biasing for low-power operation
– P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode, P2P Power Management.
– Infrastructure BSS Station mode / P2P mode / softAP mode support.
– Hardware accelerators for CCMP (CBC-MAC, counter mode), TKIP (MIC, RC4),WAPI (SMS4), WEP (RC4), CRC.
– WPA/WPA2 PSK, and WPS driver.
– Additional 802.11i security features such as pre-authentication, and TSN.
– Open Interface for various upper layer authentication schemes over EAP such as
TLS, PEAP, LEAP, SIM, AKA, or customer specific.
” 802.11n support (2.4 GHz).
” Supports MIMO 1×1 and 2×1, STBC, A-MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation and 0.4?s guard interval.
” WMM power save U-APSD