DIGI PORTSERVER TS MEI
Universal, high-performance RS-232/422/485 serial to Ethernet connectivity
PortServer TS MEI provides switch-selectable RS-232/422/485 serial port connectivity, making it easy to connect multiple serial devices to your network. It combines the inherent benefits of data networking with proven asynchronous connectivity to deliver powerful yet simple Ethernet connections for all of your serial devices.
Digi’s patented RealPort®, with encryption and user authentication*, makes it possible to establish a connection between the host and networked serial device by creating a local COM or TTY port on the host computer, allowing software applications to work with networked device servers instead of requiring a host adapter.
Powerful features including data security via SSHv2, port buffering and full SNMP management, making PortServer TS MEI ideal for applications like console management where device management and monitoring are critical.
*The RealPort encryption feature is compatible with AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 qnd Windows Server 2012. The RealPort authentication feature is compatible only with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012.
– 1, 2 or 4 switch-selectable RS-232/422/485 serial ports to connect virtually any type of serial device over Ethernet
– Ideal for applications requiring COM ports, serial tunneling, TCP/UDP sockets, or multiple unicast functionality
– Patented RealPort for COM/TTY port control and management
– Modem emulation
– Monitoring and diagnostic utility-
– Secure communication via SSHv2
– Tunable for low latency or optimized for throughput
– Easy web-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)