It is the policy of Solid State Supplies to maintain and operate our business in full compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations, permits and our Environmental Management System. It is also our policy to promptly evaluate and resolve any suspected instances of non-compliance. We recognise the importance of our environment and natural resources, and encourage all our employees to embrace our responsibility with regards to the use of natural resources. We are committed to providing adequate personnel and other resources to comply with applicable environmental laws, regulations and permits and to implement, maintain, and improve our Environmental Management System.”
Our objective is to provide our products and services in a manner that conforms to the requirements and goals we have set, our customer requirements and those applicable requirements specified by the regulatory authorities.
We recognise our responsibility to the environment and will take steps, wherever appropriate and economically feasible, to prevent and / or minimise environmental impacts at both the local and global levels. We are committed to providing products, adopting processes and practices and using materials that are as environmentally conscious as possible.
To this end we are committed to minimise the environmental impact of our business, reduce pollution and waste, within the scope of our operations, which are:
The Stockholding and Distribution of Electronic Components and Transfer of Digital Data New Electronic Devices.
We will achieve this by:
- Developing and implementing an Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2015
- Ensuring we comply with all relevant legislation and industry codes of practice relating to Processes, the Products we provide, the materials we use in our products, the way in which we package our products and our operation as a whole
- The setting and reviewing of environmental objectives and targets
- Applying the principles of reducing, re-using and recycling waste in preference to disposal by landfill, wherever possible
- Adopting appropriate measures to conserve energy and other natural resources
- Adopting appropriate measures to reduce our emissions to air and our releases to water and land
- Identifying the hazards presented by new and ongoing activities and / or materials and developing procedures to control any associated risks
- Seeking to ensure that our working partners exercise a similar degree of Environmental concern
- Ensuring through appropriate training that all personnel are familiar with this policy and making this policy available to any interested party
- Ensuring that this policy is reviewed, and revised where necessary, at each management review of the Environmental Management System
Responsibility for implementation
The Senior Management team are responsible for implementing and ensuring company-wide compliance with this policy and to develop a strategy for continual improvement wherever possible.
The responsibility also extends to the operations of Sub-contractors, to ensure compliance with relevant Environmental legislation and good working practices whilst working for the Company.
This policy is approved by and supported by all levels of management within the organisation.